The following steps are easy to implement and they help keep spam complaints low, messages out of the bulk folder, and increase the overall effectiveness of the email marketing campaign.
Check the reliability of the email addresses:
- Use only email addresses that have directly single or double opted-in to receive your messages.
- Limit the number of email addresses that, although subscribed to your list, have not been mailed to in over a year.
- Do not use a list if it contains a high percentage of info@, sales@, and support@ email addresses.
- Never send to people who have previously unsubscribed or to addresses that have bounced back as invalid.
- If any of these are in doubt, sending to a small sample of the addresses can verify if the list is likely to cause deliverability problems.