Follow up when the message is done sending:
- Check delivery reports for any blocks or deliverability issues and take action.
- Check the list of email addresses that have opened the message to verify that the message is making it to all domains within the list.
- Take action if complaints are high. Moving the unsubscribe link to the top of the message content can be very effective in reducing complaints.
- Send on a regular schedule, but do not over send. A regular send schedule will help keep list members from forgetting why they are receiving messages.
Keep improving your campaigns:
- Associate demographic information and purchase history of list members to send tailored content using segments and triggers.
- Use authentication tools like an SPF record and Domain Keys (DKIM) to improve message deliverability.
- Create a welcome letter for new list members.
- Use web analytics to measure campaign effectiveness.
With the key points outlined above, email marketers can avoid or reduce common pitfalls and ensure ongoing success in their email campaigns.
* Required under the CAN-SPAM Act of 2003