A written safety policy provides the foundation for every successful safety program and could help you avoid the expense, inconvenience, and other consequences of workplace accidents by making sure that employees know what is expected of them. Although you can orally inform employees of safety standards and procedures, for lasting impact there is no substitute for a written policy to which an employee may refer. And if each employee acknowledges that he or she has read the policy, it can help protect you when there is a workplace accident.
File Description: The file contains a four-page document in rich text format (RTF) that is suitable for use with most word processing programs used in the Windows environment.
Special Features: The sample safety policy includes the following elements:
- objectives of a safety program
- persons responsible for various safety practices
- consequences of not following established procedures
- reporting of unsafe conditions
- reporting of accidents
- list of specific safety rules and guidelines
- list of safety hazards to look for
- safety clothing and equipment
- use of seat belts
- good housekeeping standards