Have you ever found yourself wondering:
- Why someone didn´t show a sense of urgency about something you knew they knew was critical?
- Why someone didn´t go out of his or her way to tell somebody else something that was clearly important?
- Why people don´t "get it…" even after you´ve told them a dozen times?
- Why petty personal problems routinely take precedence over the goals of the organization?
- Why the same problems keep popping up again and again after you thought they were resolved?
- Why people fight turf wars to protect their own interests to the obvious detriment of the enterprise?
- Then you, too, have seen opportunities squandered and money left on the table. You know, deep down, that it doesn´t have to be that way, but you were at a loss for new ideas, so you picked up the slack yourself.
- To raise their expectations about what is possible for their organizations.
- To build companies capable of seizing initiatives in the market place.
- To expect and get more rigorous, disciplined thinking out of the company as a whole.
- To lead a company whose customers were loyal out of their own self-interests.
- And to ensure that the company was committed to extraordinary execution.
I knew, however, that it didn´t have to be that way. There is a path to extraordinary results and some companies, teams, and organizations are walking it---all or at least part of the way. It isn´t easy but it is doable. So I put together a learning system to help put any company with the desire to move, on the road to outstanding performance. I´ve gathered the key ideas together into a straightforward framework. I´ve developed over 50 tools or work products for companies to use to build their skills. I´ve collected two- dozen stories that show everyday companies working smart, taking charge of their destinies and rewriting their futures.